FM Building Department Responsibilities
- Enact and manage delegated requirements from the Office of the State Architect, State Buildings Programs
State Buildings Programs
- Continue and improve adopted model building code enforcement for the university.
- Securing building code regulatory compliance for the university.
- Provide a central location for reference resources.
- Advising Facilities Management Director, SBP Delegate, Project Managers and Operations on building code analysis, interpretations and code evaluations.
- Ensure compliance with Industry standards, specifications and regulations required for public safety.
- Liaison with State approved 3rd party plan review and inspection agencies, Poudre Fire Authority and other state inspection services.
- Determining the viability of project scope prior to budgeting.
- Verifying the feasibility of program objectives, strategic plans and fiscal resources.
- Formulating analysis & judgment within the context of available guidelines.
- Providing supporting documentation for complex code issues.
- Implementing OSHA and Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) polices.
- Work with design teams to achieve Code Compliance through design process.
- Advise on code interpretations, statutory rules, regulations and variances.
- Detect, expose, document, and communicate problems, of potential code violations during design.
- Administration and performing of multiple trade inspections during construction.
- Administration and performing of routine code audits for existing buildings for code compliance.
- Regulate external/internal collaborative problem-solving team activities associated with the construction industry.
- Work with other code enforcement officials to identify, assess and determine viable solutions to problems.
- Oversight of code compliance program, inspection records.
- Formulation and execution of Code policies for the university.
- Accountable for setting organizational policies and objectives.
- Maintaining code compliance files on each project.
- Annual documentation of Agency Action Plan for Code Compliance for SBP Delegate.
- Ensuring CSU building standards manual reflects current codes.
- Tracking building audits.
- Organizational chart