Remodel and Construction Services Process
Remodel & Construction Services Section provides design, engineering, estimating and construction project management services for campus projects typically under $2M. RCS delivers high-quality renovations and buildings on-budget and on-time to satisfied clients. Our staff are passionate builders, have an eye for quality, and are dedicated to our clients.
- Start by completing a Request for Job Estimates and Job Quotes Form
- For New Building or Capital Project needs, please visit our campus partners at Planning, Design, and Construction https://www.fm.colostate.edu/planningDesignConstruction
In the initial phase of design and construction of your project, RCS will complete a thorough site analysis and will provide early pricing models to ensure the feasibility of achieving your budget and proforma expectations. Project Managers will provide customers with a Budget Opinion during this phase of the process. This serves as a rough order of magnitude projection for project cost.
With an understanding of the overall project objectives, we will start to build a detailed estimate, introduce innovative elements, and help the team develop a sequencing plan for design, procurement, and construction.
Finalizing the estimate, confirming quantities, securing approvals, code compliance and ensuring the design and budget expectations are aligned. At this point in the process an official quote will be issued to the client that outlines official cost of project with complete construction drawings.
The team will be fully integrated and engaged as we move into the construction phase of your project. Our construction services team, project managers, and design staff collaboratively transition into the construction phase to schedule, procure and complete your project on time and within budget.
Project managers manage your construction budget and controls cost with financial analysis, and a comprehensive understanding of the design.
RCS creates a detailed and accurate schedule of the entire construction process, which is continuously reviewed and updated on a weekly basis.
QUALITY & SAFETY
As your project comes to life, our staff ensures high quality craftsmanship at all stages of work being performed. Our team integrates effective safety management tools to ensure we provide a safe working environment for the construction team and users of the space.
SATISFACTION & CLOSEOUT
We value high levels of customer satisfaction. As the project enters close out phase, we ensure our clients are satisfied with the end results. If funds are left over from the project, those funds are reissued back to the client. All unused contingency and change order deductions are returned and a survey is provided to track customer satisfaction.
*JOB PAYMENT PROCESS*
- FOR FIXED COST REMODEL PROJECTS and CONSTRUCTION SERVICES JOBS FROM THE FACILITIES REMODEL & CONSTRUCTION SERVICES UNIT ONLY – please issue a Kuali TRANSFER OF FUNDS document.
- Our Fixed Cost quotes that we provide to our customers state either Remodel Services or Construction Services at the top of the quote.
- In the FROM line with your customer fund use Object Code 9905
- In the TO line use fund 7741480 Object Code 9904
- FOR ALL OTHER FACILITIES MANAGEMENT WORK – Please continue to submit a Work Order Authorization (WOA) in Kuali.
- If you have questions, please call:
- WOA Submission & Transfer of Funds Submission – Kim Pearsons, 970-491-0552.