The Outdoor Services Group (OSG) identifies and acts upon a wide range of needs, supporting campus patrons who contact them with concerns. OSG are often the first staff to respond to a concern, and their principal goal is to be responsive to the needs of the campus community. OSG uses best management practices to create a safe, healthy, and sustainable environment for the campus community. OSG strives to minimize the impacts of maintenance activities on the quality of campus work life for students, employees, and residents.
Outdoor Services is composed of general grounds maintenance and heavy equipment/general services.
For details about Grounds, visit https://www.fm.colostate.edu/grounds.
For information on Heavy Equipment needs or General Services, visit https://www.fm.colostate.edu/heavyequipment.
We Are Experts
OSG employees are experts in their fields. They hold a number of memberships, certifications, and licenses that bring value to the care and stewardship of the CSU environment, including:
- Associated Landscape Contractors of Colorado Membership
- Landscape Industry Certified Technician
- Sustainable Landscape Management Certificates
- International Society of Arboriculture Membership
- ISA Certified Arborist
- Irrigation Association Membership
- CIT – Certified Irrigation Technician
- EPA Water Sense Partner
- Colorado Department of Agriculture
- Qualified Supervisor
- Certified Operator
- Sports Turf Managers Association
- Certified Sports Field Manager
- Arboretum Level III Certification
- Tree Campus Higher Education Certification
- Bee Campus USA Certification through Xerces Society
- American Public Gardens Association Membership
We Are Good Stewards
OSG is responsible for approximately 10,000 trees, distributed over three campuses. Trees benefit our environment by providing shade and cooling effects, enhancing the beauty of our campus, protecting us from the wind, and cleaning our air. The CSU campus is a designated Level III ArbNet Arboretum and is Tree Campus USA certified. Learn more by visiting: https://www.fm.colostate.edu/arboretum.
We Are Progressive
OSG intentionally promotes best practices for creating pollinator-friendly spaces on campus. One such effort has been the installation and maintenance of pollinator gardens. Considering the critical role pollinators play in our surrounding ecosystem, CSU has made a commitment to make our campus more welcoming to these essential creatures by becoming Bee Campus USA certified. Learn more about the Pollinator Friendly Campus Committee that supports our Bee Campus USA certification efforts.