FM Engagement & Recognition Committee and SPARK Recognition Program
The Engagement & Recognition Committee (ERC) oversees the SPARK Recognition Program and coordinates the department events and recognition celebrations to show staff appreciation.
The committee is always seeking new members! If you are interested in getting involved or have any questions or feedback, please contact the Engagement & Recognition Committee (ERC) at firstname.lastname@example.org or with any of the committee members below on more information.
Karin Rees, AVP Office – ERC Committee Co-Chair & ERC Events Sub-committee Chair
Matt Murphy, Custodial Services – ERC Committee Co-Chair & SPARK Sub-committee Chair
Mike Rush, Capital Planning and Design – Secretary
Christina Miller, Customer Service – Email Coordinator
Michael Dobbins, FM Information Technology
Mat Forbes, Building Services
David Hansen, Landscape Architecture & Master Planning
Jessy Julch, Building Services
Kelly Miller, Capital Construction
Amy Ouska, Customer Service
Joan Paulsen, Building Services
Dimitri Poppliers, Maintenance Engineering
Roy Rodriguez, Building Services
The Facilities Management Engagement & Recognition Committee developed SPARK, a program for recognition and appreciation of Facilities Management employees. This program is designed to recognize employees who uphold and demonstrate the core values that define Facilities Management.
Our core values are:
Caring, Collaborative, Experts, Good Stewards, Progressive
A SPARK Award provides a timely way to recognize outstanding employee efforts that demonstrate the FM Core Values. When an FM supervisor recognizes an FM employee with a SPARK Award, the FM employee receives acknowledgement and a gift card. See the links below for a more detailed description of the SPARK program, the award form, and FAQ.
Give a SPARK!
SPARK awards can only be submitted by FM Supervisors. If you are not a supervisor, please email your submission to your supervisor or the supervisor of the employee you wish to SPARK.
* Supervisors – remember to complete the form before giving the employee the SPARK card.
Got a SPARK?
SPARK Award cards can be redeemed for a $20 gift card.
The SPARK gift card exchange occurs the first and third Wednesday of every month in the
FM North, Pitkin Conference Room from 10:00-11:00 AM and again from 3:30-4:30 PM.
Current Gift Card Options
- RamCash (Click on the link to see where on campus to use RamCash)
- King Soopers (Can use at gas stations and Starbucks kiosks in the stores)
- Wal-Mart (Can use at Sam’s Club)
- Home Depot
More Opportunities to Recognize FM Employees
CSU Employee Appreciation Board
Recognize a group through the CSU Employee Appreciation Board. The Colorado State University Employee Appreciation Board (CSU EAB) mission is to recognize and promote community spirit among faculty and staff. One of the main objectives of the board is the monthly recognition of a work unit. The board collects nominations from across campus and then votes on who to recognize each month with events such as a luncheon, breakfast, or ice cream social. The Engagement & Recognition Committee is happy to help submit recognition for a group—please email us, so we can assist.
CSU Classified Personnel Council
The CSU Classified Personnel Council provides numerous awards for employee recognition.
- Outstanding Achievement: The Outstanding Achievement Award recognizes meritorious and outstanding achievement in job skills and/or service to the University by State Classified employees.
- Positive Action: The purpose of this award is to recognize individuals, groups, units or departments that have made a positive contribution to State Classified employees at Colorado State University.
- Educational Assistance: The Classified Personnel Council offers $500 awards to assist State Classified employees furthering their education. Apply for yourself! Awards are given each fall and spring semester.
- Everyday Hero: The Everyday Hero is an ongoing special program sponsored by the Classified Personnel Council to recognize the day-to-day achievements of all CSU employees (State Classified, administrative professionals, and faculty).
Administrative Personnel Council
The CSU Administrative Professional Council provides numerous awards for employee recognition.
- Distinguished AP Award: The Administrative Professional Council awards the Distinguished Administrative Professional Award (DAPA) each year – recognizing administrative professionals with continuing meritorious and outstanding achievement in the areas of outreach, teaching, administration, and/or service at Colorado State University.
- AP Star Award: created to express appreciation by recognizing the accomplishments of administrative professional (AP) employees who have demonstrated outstanding individual performance at CSU. The goal is to recognize AP’s who make a difference and “shine” in our CSU community. And, anyone can nominate an AP employee for this award!
Student Employee of the Year (SEOTY) Award through the Career Center: Contact the Career Center at email@example.com regarding this annual award. To be considered, student employees:
- Must be enrolled at Colorado State University for both fall and spring semesters as a degree-seeking student.
- Must have worked or planning to work at least 6 months.
- Must be either work-study or student hourly employee.
The campus winner is eligible for consideration at the state, regional and national levels. Additionally, the individual selected to be the CSU SEOTY will be eligible to receive a $1,000 scholarship from the Office of Financial Aid. The winner will be publicly announced during their Career Impact Awards luncheon.
Deb Petersen Outstanding Adult Student of the Year Award: This $500 annual award was established to recognize a student who has, or is currently undergoing, an extra-ordinary amount of hardship (physical, psycho-social, etc.) and yet, maintains a positive attitude and an unwavering spirit in the pursuit of their undergraduate or graduate degree. One recipient is selected per year.